Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Leaving Paradise


So I am not sure how I let 2 months slip by between posts.  Actually, I totally know how, we are moving!  In like, 5 days!  See, it's been so long I don't think we had even decided this since my last post!  Yup, 6 years has passed here at Stanford, which means our eligibility for student housing is up.  And since the bay area cost like a bazillion dollars to live in, we are finishing up Nick's last year of grad school back "home" in Eugene.  It's funny, I definitely always thought of Eugene as home, until we started packing up to leave.  I have lived here in our house at Stanford longer than I have lived in any other house in my life!  Crazy huh?!  Although life down south took us some getting used to, we grew to love it.  We made some amazing friends along the way, which we could have never made it through this insane time of grad school + babies without!  I have a million pictures/stories to share about the last few months in our beloved courtyard, that I plan on sharing, once we unpack.  Until then, here are a few of my favorite recent pics of our darling courtyard friends.  We will miss you all sooooo much!!!! 

The Wigginton and  Viles kids.  Inseparable!!! When the Wiggintons moved in, Elena and Evie were just over a month old, and Franklin and T were not quite 2 1/2!  I will need to dig up some of those pics to share. 

With some courtyard friends during "Science Camp"  Our sweet neighbor, Kristen, put it on the whole week after preschool let out for the kids to have something fun to do!  See, how will I live without these people?! 

Franklin and Miles super excited about their watches

Evie and Elena.  Two of the sweetest and spiciest toddlers you will ever meet!  

This is me taking Frank down a water slide at one our neighbor's birthday party.  It was cold. 

The Wiggintons moved a few weeks before us (how rude!)  This is the boys saying their final goodbyes.  Franklin tells anyone who will listen about his best friend Talmage and how he moved away and how sad it made him.  Breaks my heart to separate these kids.  They were like siblings!  Spent at least half the day with each other nearly everyday for the past 2 years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment