Thursday, October 4, 2012

Preschool! When did this whole growing up thing happen?!?!


Franklin is now in his 3rd week of preschool!  I am so proud of my little man, it has not been an easy transition, but he keeps going.  There are usually some tears,  but by the time we pick him up he has dozens of stories of caterpillars, painting, stories, songs, bunnies and even some friends.  Frank has never EVER been in any kind of childcare (excluding staying a couple of hours with neighbors or family members) so this has been huge for us all.  My sweet boy has such an observant sensitive heart, which is my favorite thing about him; it just needs a little extra gentleness and care.  I have to remember that.  To be gentle with his fragile heart.  I need to remember to embrace it.  No, I do not need him to "toughen up.”  Being tough is over rated.  Being sensitive, in tune, courageous, hopeful, observant, and expressive; now that is the kind of person that makes this world a better place.  And my dear sweet sensitive son, is in fact already doing just that.  


Getting ready to leave for the first day of school!

My sweet heart

Silly goose of a moose!

 
With an apprehensive mama

My two favorite guys on the planet!


Painting his "house" at school


 Working hard



 Showing off his school sign 




LOVES riding his bike to school like a big kid 

Ice cream celebration after first day of school at Rick's.  
It's no Prince Pucklers, but it does the job.

Sharing with Dede







No comments:

Post a Comment