Sunday, October 2, 2011

Raspberries or Worms?

For some reason or another it is impossible for my little family of four to get out of the house in under two hours time.  Impossible.  Trust me we have tried.  Each Sunday we plan to get to the farmers market early. Early so we can start the rest of our day, and early so that we are back in time for Franklin to nap at a regular time.  We have yet to ever meet this goal.  Instead, somehow, no matter how  hard we try, we barley make it out of the house by noon (keep in mind the farmers market here closes at 1pm, which I don't  get, but whatever), often passing our neighbors on their way back home with bike baskets filled with goodies as we are barley making our way there.  I have often envied families who have dinner by 6:00 p.m. and have the kids in bed by 8:00.  No matter how hard we try, we just are not that family.  The other day, Nick said something that put me at ease about our time situation, and I haven't worried much about it since.  He said we are who we are and it works for us.  So I am going to embrace my little family that takes forever and a day to get ready.  We may not eat dinner until 8:30 p.m. most nights, but by golly we do it together!  Oh yes, back the original point of this post.  Due to our inability to get to the farmers market early this morning we arrived shortly before everyone started packing up thus scoring us this 1/2 flat of raspberries for the closing time bargain price of $10!  So the early bird may get the worm, but the late one gets the raspberries.  And I don't know about you, but I would rather the later.

No comments:

Post a Comment