Friday, October 14, 2011

We went to visit the farm today.  Daddy is at a conference all weekend and we needed to get out of the house! One of our neighbors invited us to tag along on their weekly trip to the farm, so we jumped at the chance to go.  Have I mentioned I have the greatest neighbors ever?  Well I do.  We live in student family housing and it is basically like living in a commune. Our back doors all face each other and we share a large "backyard".  We borrow flour and gather together for hours each day while our children play together. Grow up together really.  Some families only stay a year, and it is always hard to say goodbye.  But others, like us, are here for the first half decade of our children's lives.  They learn to walk together, go through the "terrible" twos together (or as I like to call them the "discovering their voice twos :) and sometimes even start school together.  I have grown so accustomed to raising my  children in this community I am a little afraid to ever live anywhere else.  Luckily we still have quite a while before we have to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment