Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Joy


Isn’t it amazing how sometimes you hear exactly what you needed to hear without knowing you needed to hear it?  That is exactly what happened after listening to my friend A.J.'s pod cast tonight.  One thing he said in particular rang loud to me today.  He said, “Joy is not accidental, but joy is possible anywhere.”  How amazing is that?!  How appropriate is that?!  How much do we all need to hear this, and understand this, and believe this, and live this?!   It is so easy for me to fall into dwelling on what is hard.  I talk about how tired I am, or the frustrating day I had with a toddler who seems at times like his life’s mission is to do the complete opposite of what I say, all too easily.  I feel these things, dwell on these things, and talk about these things, because I feel I am entitled to it.  But ultimately, and more importantly I am entitled to joy.  And as A.J. pointed out, this joy is not accidental.  Dwelling on my joy, on the goodness of my life, making room to comfort others in their hardship and help bring them joy, is possible in any situation, on the hardest of days, there is always joy to be had.  Joy to be shared.   

Listen to A.J.'s podcast "Complete Joy" here:   http://theophiluschurch.com/listen/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment