Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 26 of Thankfulness: Getting Dirty


Today I am thankful for playing in the sand box with Franklin.  I am thankful for leaving the laundry for later, and taking the time to sit out in the sunshine, and dig in the dirt with my darling son.  I am thankful that he teaches me to be happy in the little moments.  There is always something else that needs to be done, but rarely, is there something more important.  Too often, I trick myself into thinking that these simple moments can only happen after I get the things I MUST get done first.  However, really, moments like these with Franklin, moments of rest, soaking up the sun and the love and the dirt, that is what MUST get done.  

Today I am thankful for playing in the sand box with Franklin.  


No comments:

Post a Comment