Friday, November 25, 2011

Days 24 and 25 of Thankfulness: Cynicism, thanksgiving, and pie.


Day 24 (November 24, 2011)

Today I am thankful for, well, thanksgiving.  I am especially thankful today that I got to spend Thanksgiving with my wonderful San Francisco family!  Usually we travel to Oregon for the Holidays, but this year we decided to stay home.  I am thankful I have my fabulous cousins nearby and that I got to spend the holiday with them.  Have I mentioned that my cousins are some of the greatest people on the planet?  Well they are.  And today I am extra thankful for them.  

Some of you may know that I can be a little cynical and sarcastic.  This is not something I love about myself, nor do I hate it.  I feel like a little cynicism keeps you socially aware and a little sarcasm well makes the world a funnier place to live in.  Especially when it can be a sad place to live in.  Although cynicism and sarcasm can be amusing, in can also be distracting, and harmful.  Therefore, because of this personality trait of mine, taking time to be thankful, and reflect on life’s blessings is good.  Beyond good, it is essential.  So, I am not just thankful for the Thanksgiving holiday but also the act of giving thanks.  I am thankful that I have this opportunity to reflect on all my life’s blessings.  Big and small, I am thankful for them all! I am also thankful that I have so much to be thankful for!  Coming up with 30 days of thankfulness is difficult not because it is hard to come up with 30 things to be thankful for, but because it is hard to ONLY think of 30 things to be thankful for!  

Today I am thankful for thanksgiving.


Day 25 (November 25, 2011)

Today I am thankful for leftover pie.  Man oh man, leftover pie!  Calories don’t count the day after Thanksgiving right?  It is as if your body knows it’s a holiday so it says, “Ok, today you get a free pass.  So go ahead, have that third piece of pie! Eat your heart out!”  This is how it works right? Oh it doesn’t?!?!  Crap.  Well I am thankful for it anyways. 

Today I am thankful for leftover pie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment