Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7 of Thankfulness: Staying at Home


Today I am thankful to be able to stay at home with my children.  Making the decision to take the year off from school to stay at home with Elena and Franklin was an incredibly challenging one that I struggled with for several months before making.  However, I cannot not express how grateful I am that I did.  Getting to spend each day with my little ones is a challenge, but I would not trade it for anything.  I am also blessed that the work I do as a community advisor for family housing is mostly done from home.  I am thankful, that when I am up all night with a sick little one, I do not have to be in class or work the next day, I can just be with them.  Loving them, sharing with them, growing with them.  Although staying at home is not my long-term plan, I am thankful that it is the plan for right now.  Besides, long term plans change all the time, but right now, I am enjoying spending my days with two of the greatest people on this planet. 

Today I am thankful to be able to stay at home with my children. 




No comments:

Post a Comment