Friday, November 11, 2011

Days 10 and 11 of Thankfulness: Franklin, his papa and a bowl of blueberries.


Things have been a little crazy this week and I have not had much time to write so I am compacting a couple days of into one post. 

Day 10 (November 10, 2011)
Today I am thankful for the relationship between my son and his papa.  I recently read that you should never marry anyone you would not want your child to be like and I can safely say I have made a good choice.  I LOVE how much Franklin and Nick LOVE each other.  Whole-heartedly.  Nick is the kind of papa that stays up with him when he is sick, gives him baths, takes him outside to play for hours, cooks breakfast with him, and the list goes on for miles.  Franklin genuinely enjoys spending time with his papa more than anyone on the planet.  

Today I am thankful for the relationship between my son and his papa.  Today, Franklin and I made a list of things Franklin knows about his papa.  It was adorable to hear the answers Frank came up with, like that Nick is 2 ft 2 in. tall or that his favorite drink is baby food.  My favorite part of this activity was the ear-to-ear smile that was on Frank’s face the entire time we were talking about his dad.

Today I am thankful for the relationship between my son and his papa.  



Day 11 (November 11, 2011)

Today I am thankful to share a bowl of blueberries with Frank.  Simple?  Yes.  However, if you know my son you know that blueberries are his favorite thing in the whole world! He asked for a bowl, brought them over to the couch, and asked me if I would like to share.  How could I say no to that?  We made silly jokes and laughed together while filling our bellies with delicious blueberry goodness.  I love these moments.  Moments of simple happiness.  

Today I am thankful to share a bowl of blueberries with Frank.


No comments:

Post a Comment