Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 27 of Thankfulness: Unmade Beds


Today I am thankful for embracing the messiness.  Every night when my kiddos finally go to bed, I usually work on end of the day household task.  Laundry.  Dishes. Picking up toys.  Sweeping.  But today, I will just let it all be.  This last weekend when I visited my aunt, she mentioned that she is trying to be more relaxed about things.  To be ok with things being a little messy sometimes.  She told me that the other day she decided not to make her bed.  She said, “My mom is not here to tell me what to do!  I am going to rebel!”  This may not seem like too big of a rebellion to you and me, but if you know the way my mother and her brother and sisters were raised, not making your bed is a BIG deal.  Nevertheless, I got the impression my aunts rebellion was about a lot more than not making her bed.  At least it meant more than that to me.  She inspired me to let the messiness happen.  Not only in our homes but also in our lives.  Because sometimes when we let the messiness happen, it allows time for other things to happen.  Perhaps more important things.  

So today, I am thankful for embracing the messiness.  


No comments:

Post a Comment