Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 28 of Thankfulness: My Mawwiage



 Today I am thankful for my marriage.  I am thankful that I get to be married to my best friend in the whole wide world.  Not everyone gets to say that.  Sadly, not everyone is friends with their spouse, and even more sadly, those who would make wonderful marriages are not allowed to be married, but that is a whole other story.  Nevertheless, this is why I feel extra thankful for my marriage.  I am thankful for the fights that lead to growth and better understandings.  I am thankful for the thoughtful moments that come from wanting to fill the other with joy.  I am thankful for 80’s dancing in the living room, raising babies together, comforting each other, being together.  When I hear of a lifelong committed partnership breaking, my heart aches for that loss.  It makes me hold on for dear life for what I have been blessed with.  My best friend.  My husband. 

Today I am thankful for my marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment