Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 8 and 9 of Thankfulness: Health and Rest


Day 8

Today I am thankful that we finally found a pediatrician we like.  Last year we switched insurances, and had to leave our wonderful nurse practitioner at the Indian Health Center.  She always informed of all our options and never made us feel crazy for taking unconventional approaches to medicine.  So, of course we were sad to leave her.  We tried and failed to find a replacement for an entire year.  We tried three different pediatricians who were much too quick to dismiss our needs and even quicker  to run expensive unnecessary test with little to no reason at all.  I actually think one of them was afraid of children.  Franklin would always scream from the moment we entered the exam room until we were out the door.  Any ways, last month we tried a new doctor for Elena’s wellness check up and really liked him.  He spent time with us.  Asking us questions and providing a lot of information about himself and his philosophies, which for the most part we agreed with.  However, the ultimate test would be how he handled Franklin.  Yesterday, we took him in because he had a high fever and a horrible cough.  And for the first time since Franklin was born he did not scream throughout the entire visit.  He was even laughing!  As we left he said to us “That was fun.  We should go back.”  

Today I am thankful that we finally found a pediatrician we like.




Day 9 

Today I am thankful for an early bedtime.  Having a sick toddler this week has been a bit exhausting,  and I am blessed enough to have a husband who is a HUGE help.  However, tonight, both my little ones tuckered out early, and I am enjoying this time to relax a little.  I am sure this means they will be up at dawn tomorrow, but for right now, I am thankful for this moment.  

Today I am thankful for an early bedtime.  


No comments:

Post a Comment