Friday, November 18, 2011

Days 17 and 18: Stacy, Clinton, and pumpkin lattés


Day 17
Today I am thankful for my family’s plentiful clothing.  As I folded endless loads of laundry I realized how blessed we are to have warm clothes for our children and our selves.  An abundant amount.  Even if Stacey and Clinton would suggest we down size our wardrobes for a few higher quality versatile pieces like a dark pant, or black boot (where do they get off referring to these items of clothing in singular form anyway?).  I am thankful that my children do not have to wear the same dirty clothes day after day.  I am thankful they have adequate warm coats (even if Frank refuses to wear his on occasion).  Not all families have this basic need.  As I look at the closet full of coats and sweatshirts that we have to chose from, I feel compelled to do some winter cleaning and donate them.  Because I am far too blessed not to. 

Today I am thankful for my family’s plentiful clothing. 








Day 18
Today I am thankful for fall.  In California, fall weather generally just means slightly cooler than summer.  However, the last week has felt a little like the Fall I know and love.  Brisk. Cloudy.  Colorful leaves.  Fall has always been my favorite time of year.  I love the rain and cooler weather (yes, I am that person).  There is just something about scarves, pumpkin lattés, and cold noses that is comforting. 

Today I am thankful for fall. 




No comments:

Post a Comment